|Name||Dr. Shambhunath Barman|
|Designation||Assistant Professor |
|Academic Qualification||PhD( Jadavpur University),|
ME ( Bengal Engg and Science University),
|Areas of Interest||Study of Transport Phenomena in Material|
Processing: Experimental & Numerical Heat
Transfer and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
|Work Experience||NIT Sikkim from 2013|
|Teachings||Engineering Graphics (ZZ1002), Workshop-II (ZZ1092), Mechanics of Fluids (ME2001), Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Machinery Laboratory (ME2092), Principle of Heat Transfer (ME3002), Heat transfer Laboratory (ME3091), Gas Dynamics (ME3011), Computational Fluid Dynamics (ME4027), Advance Computational Fluid Dynamics (ME31104) and Fundamentals of Solidifications (ME31111)|
|List of Publications|
1.S. Barman, N. Barman, A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Sen, "Analytical Prediction of Thermal Behavior during Cooling of a Hot Steel Strip", Advanced Materials Research, vol. 585(2012), pp. 19-23.
2.S. Barman, N. Barman, A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Sen, "Thermal Behavior of a Hot Moving Steel Strip under Multi-cooling Jets", Heat Transfer Engineering.Vol.35, Issues 11-12, 2014.
3.S. Barman, N. Barman, A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Sen, " STUDIES ON THE PHASE TRANSFORMATION DURING COOLING OF A HOT MOVING STEEL PLATE UNDER MULTI WATER JETS", Journal of Machining and Forming Technologies, vol 5 (2013) , no. 3?4, pp.137-149.
4. Suman Samanta. Saikat Mukherjee, Mrinmoy Dhar, Shambhunath Barman, Nilkanta Barman, Achintya Mukhopadhyay and Swarnendu Sen, "Heatline based thermal behavior during cooling of a hot moving steel plate using single jet", Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 592-594 (2014), pp. 1622-1626.
5. Saikat Mukherjee, Suman Samanta, Mrinmoy Dhar, Shambhunath Barman, Nilkanta Barman, Achintya Mukhopadhyay and Swarnendu Sen, "Heatline based thermal behaviour during cooling of a hot moving steel plate using multiple jets", Procedia Material Science.vol. 5 (2014), pp. 2063-2068.
1.S. Barman, N. Barman, A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Sen, 'Hot Rolling of Steel Strip in Presence of Spray Impingement Cooling', Proceedings of the 20thand 9th International ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, January 4-6, 2010, IIT Mumbai, India, pp. 737-742(Presented).
2. S. Barman, N. Barman, A.Mukhopadhyay and S. Sen, 'Studies on Thermal Behavior of a Hot Moving Plate during Cooling', Proceedings of the 4th International & 37th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP2010),December 16-18, 2010, IIT Madras, Chennai, India, HT-01 (Presented).
3. S. Barman, N. Barman, A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Sen, 'The Thermal Behavior of a Hot Steel Strip under Multi-cooling Jets', Proceedings of International Conference on Thermal Energy and Environment, Kalasalingam University, Madurai, March 25-27, 2011 India, pp. 344-349 (Presented).
4. S. Barman, N. Barman, A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Sen, 'Studies on the Phase Transformation during Cooling of a Hot Moving Steel Plate under Multi Water Jets' Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Methods in Manufacturing (ICCMM2011), IIT Guwahati, December 15-16, 2011,India, pp. 490 -497 (Presented).
5. S. Barman, N. Barman, A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Sen, 'A Numerical Study on the Phase Transformation Behaviour during Cooling a Moving Plate', Proceedings of the 21st and 10TH International ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, December 27-30, 2011, IIT Madras, Chennai, India, ISHMT_IND_11_008.
6.S. Barman, N. Barman, A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Sen, "Study on the Thermal Behavior during Cooling of a Hot Moving Steel Plate: An Analytical Approach", Proceedings of the International conference of Advances in Materials and Processing: Challenges and Opportunities (AMPCO 2012),November 2-4, 2012, IIT Roorkee, India (abstract only, No. A10-19), pp. 53 (Presented).
7. Alomoy Banerjee and Barman S, "A Multi-Phase Closed Pipelines Simulation Approach for Transportation of Heavy Oil with OpenFOAM in HPC", Proceedings of the Sixth International congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS 2016), 27th June -1st July, 2016, IIT Bombay, India, sl no-200, pp. 805-809 (Presented).
8. Mr.Alomoy Banerjee and Dr. Shambhunath Barman, "Multiphase Flow Velocity Simulation for Transport of Extra Heavy Crude Oil through OpenFOAM in HPC", Proceedings of the 6th International and 43rd National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, December 15-17, 2016, MNNITA, Allahabad, U.P., India, Paper No-280, pp.113 (Presented).
|Membership of Professional Bodies|
|Achievements||Delivered key note lecture in the two days National Workshop on "Advances in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering" organized by the department of Mechanical Engineering, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, East Sikkim during 17th to 18th June 2016.|
|Office Address||Academic block,|