|Name||Dr. Pranab Kumar Kundu|
|Academic Qualification||BTech - Kalyani Government Engineering College|
ME - Jadavpur University
PhD - Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
|Areas of Interest||Microfabrications, Microfluidics, Transport Phenomena, Micro Heat Spreaders, Grinding, Non-traditional Machining Processes|
|Work Experience||15 Years Teaching Experience |
1 Year Post PhD Research Experience
|Teachings||Thermodynamics Fluid Mechanics Heat Transfer Manufacturing Sc. Advanced Manufacturing Processes|
|List of Publications||1 P. K. Mondal, H. Gaikwad, P. K. Kundu, S. Wongwises, "Effect of thermal asymmetries on the entropy generation analysis of a variable viscosity Couette-Poiseuille flow", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, OnlineFirst, https://doi.org/10.1177/0954408916688234
2. M. Mukhopadhyay, P. K. Kundu, "Laser Assisted Conditioning of Aluminium Oxide Grinding Wheel using Nd:YAG Laser: A Review", Proc. National Conference on Advanced Functional Materials Processing & Manufacturing, Feb. 2-3, 2017, CMERI Durgapur, pp. 63-66.
3. P. K. Kundu, S. Chakraborty, S. DasGupta, "Experimental Investigation of Enhanced Spreading and Cooling from a Micro-grooved Surface", Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 2011, Volume 11, Number 4, 489-499.
4. P. K. Kundu, S. Mondal, S. Chakraborty, S. DasGupta, "Experimental and Theoretical Evaluation of On-Chip Micro Heat Pipe", Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, 2015, Volume 19, Issue 1, pp 75-93.
5. P. K. Kundu, S. Das, S. Sinha, P. P. Chowdhury, "On Grinding Wheel Performance in Dry and Wet Conditions" - Proc. 4th Int. Conf. On Mech. Engg., Dec.26-28, 2001, Mech. Engg. Dept., BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Vol. IV, Sec. V, pp. 19-24.
6. P. K. Kundu, S. P. Chaudhuri, S. Chakraborty, "Computational Modelling of Heat Transfer and Mass Transfer in Laser Surface Melting" - Proc. 4th Workshop on Application of Laser in Mechanical Industry (WALMI), Feb.22-24, 2002, Dept. of Mech. Engg., Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
7. P. K. Kundu, S. P. Chaudhuri, S. Chakraborty, "Cutting of Mild Steel Specimens in CO2 Laser" - Proc. Int. Conf. On Manufacturing, Aug.9-11, 2002, Industrial & Production Engg. Dept., BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Vol. I, pp. 519-526.
8. P. K. Kundu, S. P. Chaudhuri, S. Chakraborty, "Study on Temperature During Cutting of Low Carbon Steel Specimens in CO2 Laser" - Proc. 20th AIMTDR Conf.Dec.13-15, 2002, Dept. of Prod. Engg., BIT Mesra, Ranchi, pp. 349-354.
9. P. K. Kundu, T. Das, A. Mohapatra, S. DasGupta and S. Chakraborty, "Initiation of Super Hydrophobic Silicon Surface Using Electrostatic Self-Assembly", CHEMCON, Dec. 27-29, 2011, Bengaluru, India
10. T. Das, P. K. Kundu, S. DasGupta, S. Chakraborty, "Analysis of Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer in Triangular Microgrooves", ChemBridge Conference Proceedings, Kolkata, 2012.
1. S. Sarkar and P. K. Kundu, "Engineering Mechanics", Matrix Educare Pvt. Ltd., 2015, 231/A, C. R. Avenue. Opp. Girish Park Metro Station, 700006, ISBN 978-93-80221-01-4 (Pages 640), July 2015.
2. S. Sarkar and P. K. Kundu, "Engineering Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics", Matrix Educare Pvt. Ltd., 231/A, C. R. Avenue. Opp. Girish Park Metro Station, 700006, ISBN 978-93-80221-21-2 (Pages 670), January 2015.
3. S. Sarkar and P. K. Kundu, "Thermal Power Engineering", Matrix Educare Pvt. Ltd., 231/A, C. R. Avenue. Opp. Girish Park Metro Station, 700006, ISBN 978-93-80221-45-8 (Pages 459), January 2015.
|Membership of Professional Bodies||1. Associate Member of Institute of Engineers (I)|
2. Life Member of Association of Engineers (I)
|Achievements||Received National Scholarship Merit Certificate from Education Department, Government of West Bengal.|
|Office Address||Dr. Pranab Kumar Kundu|
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Institute of Technology Sikkim
Ravangla, South Sikkim-737 139
|Extras||University of California, Irvine, CA, USA (June -July 2009).|