|Name||Mr. Susanta Kumar Pradhan|
|Academic Qualification||PhD (Pursuing from IIEST Shibpur)|
M.E. (IIEST Shibpur)
B.Tech (Production Engineering)
|Areas of Interest||Composite materials|
Techniques and structural characterization of materials
Mechanical properties of materials
Nano Indentation and Nano Scratch
|Work Experience||7.6 Years Teaching Experience |
5 Years PhD Research Experience
|Teachings||Under Graduate Theory Classes: Materials Science and Metallurgy, Manufacturing Science, Theory of machines, Dynamics of Machines, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics.
Laboratory Classes: Production Engg. Laboratory I &II, Cad / Cam Lab (Auto Cad), Numerical Methods and Computer Programming (CNC Machine) Lab, Mechanical Workshop.
|List of Publications||Journal Publication-International (SCI/SCOPUS INDEX)|
1. Santanu sardar, Susanta K Pradhan, Santanu K Karmakar, Debdulal Das Experimental analysis on tribo-performance of aluminum composites. Journal of Composite Materials, 2020. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0021998319900524).
2. Santanu sardar, Susanta K Pradhan, Santanu K Karmakar, Debdulal Das. Modeling of Abraded Surface Roughness and Wear Resistance of Aluminum Matrix Composites. Journal of Tribology, 2019, 141(7):1.
3. Swati Dey, Nashrin Sultana, Partha Dey, Susanta Kumar Pradhan, Shubhabrata Datta, Intelligent design optimization of age-hardenable Al alloys, Computational Materials Science,2018, 153: 315-325.
4. Susanta K. Pradhan, Subhranshu Chatterjee, Amitava Basu Mallick, Debdulal Das, A simple stir casting technique for the preparation of in situ Fe-aluminides reinforced Al-matrix composites. Perspectives in Science, 2016, 8: 529-532.
1. S.K. Pradhan, A. Basu Mallick and D. Das, Development of Fe aluminide Reinforced Al 2Mg Composite by Reactive Stir Casting: Effects of Pouring Temperature, NCETFF 2016, November 25-26, 2016, NIFFT Ranchi.
2. S.K. Pradhan, S. Chatterjee, A. Basu Mallick and D. Das, A simple stir casting technique for the preparation of in-situ Fe aluminides reinforced Al matrix composites ICEMS 2016,Jaipur National University, Jaipur, Rajasthan,March17- 19,2016.
3. S.K. Pradhan, A. Basu Mallick and D. Das, Tribological properties of in situ FeAl3/A;-2Mg composite prepared by reactive stir casting method Seminar on Microstructures of Materials and Metallum 2014, March 12-14, IIEST, Shibpur.
4. S.K. Pradhan, A. Basu Mallick and D. Das, Development of High Performance Al3Fe/Al-2Mg In-Situ Composite by Reactive Stir Casting Process Research Scholars' Day, January 29-30, 2014, IIEST, Shibpur.
5. S.K. Pradhan, S. Chatterjee, A. Basu Mallick and D. Das, A simple stir casting technique for preparation of in-situ Al3Fe/Al-2Mg composite 66rd Annual Technical Meeting, Indian Institute of Metals, November, 2012, Jamshedpur.
|Membership of Professional Bodies||Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education|
|Achievements||Awarded 3rd prize in the Oral presentation in Ph.D scholar category in Seminar on Microstructure of Materials at IIEST, Shibpur in 2014.
A One week hands on Practice & advanced Training on Scanning Probe Microscopy, 3D Optical Microscopy & Universal Tribometer from Bruker Centre of Excellence, Bengaluru, India.
TEQIP-II Scholarship during PhD programme in IIEST, Shibpur, India.
Contribution in reviewing the papers presented in International Conference on Emerging trends in Manufacturing, Engines and Modeling (ICEMEM-2015).
Institute Fellowship (while pursuing Ph.D.)
|Office Address||Susanta Kumar Pradhan|
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Institute of Technology Sikkim
Ravangla, South Sikkim-737 139
|Extras||Institute Examination Cell Member|